Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ageism in comics

Who knew that comics discriminated? I recently went to comics.com and found that they had the comics divided by AGE!!!! Apparently since I am in the 30-50 set I should like Marmaduke, Andy Cap and Dilbert.

The ones that I really like, Boy on a Stick and Slither; Pearls Before Swine and Get Fuzzy all straddle the age lines between the 18-30 and the 30-50 grouping.

Then there are the groupings for men, women and families. Seriously though. Don't we have enough things dividing us, that we don't need another?

That said...you should really check out Get Fuzzy. Satchel is trying not to curse....

2 comments:

kerry said...

this is why i get my comics from mycomicspage.com. well, not really, but i don't think they have stuff divided like that. and they carry most of the comics i like.

MariannetheLibrarian said...

Do you subscribe to them...and cough up the 11 dollars a year? I am too cheap for that!