Tuesday, May 27, 2008


I was reading an article today about extreme sports. Why? I have no idea. I think it was on the MSN homepage and I saw it while checking my hotmail account. Anyway, they had a picture of those large plastic spheres they use to roll people down the hill in, like a great big hamster ball. Zorb is the name brand, but the generic term is "sphering." Part of me is intrigued...it looks like a lot of fun, doesn't it?

But I have questions.

1) Since I am claustrophobic, will this really freak me out?
2) You enter the tube though a tunnel-like entry way. Um, so how do you not fall out while rolling, at a brisk pace, down a hill.
3) Did you notice where this is big? England, Scotland, New Zealand and Japan....it is only starting to catch on here, but the people in Tennessee seem to be catching the wave.

So what do you think? Have you ever sphered? Zorbed? Do you think you would want to?

No comments: