Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Countdown...

Well, I am done with shopping, the cards are sent all of my big work events are over. 

Now all I have left to do is: 

Bake, cook, clean and WORK. 

So many of my friends are school librarians who have the next two weeks off. I do not. As a matter of fact, our library is open on Christmas Eve, so I had to take a vacation day to be home and get ready for our Christmas Eve Open House / Feast of Seven Fishes Event.

To make matters worse, I work Saturday and Sunday; then Monday and have a half day on Tuesday. 

I don't know if I need to tell you this, but I am not a spring chicken.  I can't do what I used to do.  For example, the kitchen floor?  The grout needs to be scrubbed but I will just dim the lights and hope no one notices, or if they do they have the good sense to keep it to themselves. 

I have been power cleaning in short bursts. I have been slowly cleaning the carpets in order to save my back. 

I am looking forward to Christmas Day, staying in my pjs and drinking mimosas. 

No comments: