Friday, September 24, 2010

Chuck Norris' Code of Ethics

This semester I am taking a class on Information Ethics. The class is interesting in a sort of "make your brain cramp" way, but I am learning a lot and thinking about the topic outside of class, which is always a good sign. The class has even provided my family with some interesting dinner conversation.

Slightly off topic: Have you ever noticed that when you get a new car, you see your car everywhere. You were certain there were not that many of your exact make and models driving the road before...but now, they are everywhere. I wonder if that phenomena has a name? (I dug a little and have read the term perceptual vigilance)

Back on topic: I am now seeing ethics everywhere. Even at lunch.

Today I went to Raising Cane's for lunch. I love this place. RC gave me my "aha" moment about Texas Toast. I seriously love their Texas Toast. Don't ask me why, I can't explain it...it's an emotional thing. What do they sell, you might ask? Chicken fingers. That's it. You can get them plain or on a sandwhich (breaded chicken on bread. Seriously. How do I love carbs? Let me count the ways!) BUT, if you get the sandwhich you do not get Texas Toast. I don't get the sandwhich. (see about rave about TT)

I sat down at the table and set up my homework while waiting for my lunch. I brought my ethics syllabus along for the ride. I am feeling a bit stretched thin this semester (time and nerve wise...sadly not reflected in my behind and TT isn't really going to help this matter, but I digress) and I wanted to look ahead at what was coming up next week. I look up at the wall along side of me and guess what I see?

Ethics.


Chuck Norris' ethics.

At first I thought it was going to be a joke, like "Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you."**** But it wasn't. It was really his personal code of ethics.










Here is a close up of what it says. (click on image to enlarge)

Well, what doesn't show up in my poor cell phone, blurry shot is this:

















So, is this a joke? Part of the Raising Cane's culture? Or is it that people want to do good and sometimes need a little guidance along the way?


Discuss.


****Go to Google and type in the search bar "Find Chuck Norris" and hit "I'm Feeling Lucky." Pretty funny. Good thing I have teens or I might have missed this one.

No comments: